Will staging a home pay off big even when we're already in a hot seller's…
Whether you’re getting ready to sell or just spending more time at home, these Top 7 Staging Secrets will help make you (and buyers) love your space even more!
- Put extra emphasis at keeping the entry area uncluttered and clean. It’s one of the most crucial staging secrets homeowners miss, partly because they’re so used to seeing it themselves! But it’s the first thing prospective buyers will see when they enter. And you only have seconds to make a great impression.
- Walk the path prospective buyers will take, looking for scuffs, fingerprints, knickknacks, and furniture that blocks openings or natural walkways between rooms. Ensuring an open flow will make your home more inviting.
- Clear the decks. Clear surfaces of all but maybe 1-2 focal-point decorative items or lamps. Pack away your photos, collectibles, trays and other items.
- On large walls, swap out small wall hanging montages for one single large piece of art. Choose colors that complement the decor. Keep smaller wall areas blank.
- Clean out your spare room and give it a single purpose, such as a clutter-free guest bedroom or organized home office.
- Scrub every nook and cranny, even in the garage. Dirt, grease, or dust will put your home at a disadvantage.
- And the 7th staging secret: FIX anything that’s broken. Poor repair, even of small things, leads prospective buyers to think of what less-visible things might be broken…
Need more help besides these staging secrets?
Just contact First Impression Home Staging for a consultation. We will guide you through a custom, virtual consultation using our expertise to ensure your home is completely ready to rock the market. Every home is unique, we’ll provide the best recommendations for updates that will give you the largest return on your investment as well as evaluate your furnishing and décor to identify which items would be great for staging your home and which items should be stored.
Don’t take a risk, don’t decrease the price, increase the appeal!